Our Ford F250
2001, F250XLT, 7.3 V8 Diesel, 4x4, 6 spd manual transmission, manual transfer case, manual hubs, standard cab, long bed.
Comments/question/suggestions: ... contact Mark: AnEv942aol.com
Basically a relisting of the modifications specifically made to our truck. Most because of the camper.
- 04/01 Add air springs to truck.
- 05/01 Add CB radio
- 06/01 add Rancho 9000 shocks
- 05/02 Rotate spare tire hoist
- 06/02 Camper slides, under rail bed lights.
- 07/03 Line bed with Durabak coating
- 07/03 Add Tork-Lift camper tie downs.replacing HappiJacks
- 02/04 Add air bag compressor w/ indash controls
- 02/04 Modify CB Antenna base to accept antenna from camper
- 04/05 Add Hidden Hitch front receiver
- 04/05 Modify stock fog lights to reinstall, add front trailer plug, add switched relay for front rack lights
- 09/05 Replace rear window with slider, modify so it has a screen
- 03/06 Modify interior dome light, disable auto bed & door lights
add switch to turn on/off rear high bed light, add switch to turn off high 3rd brake light
- 12/06 Install Torklift superhitch
- 01/07 Add trailer elec. brake controller
- 13/07 change headliner to custom vinyl, paint plastic trim black/brown to match
- 04/08 Dual Rear Wheel Conversion
- 02/09 Add ign. controlled relay to power refrigerator
- 02/09 Wire in a constant duty solenoid additional charge line, add amp meter
- 11/09 Upgrade rear sway bar added 12/12 but found old pic-of rear sway bar swap to stock 1 /316"
- 05/10 Add cab ID & clearance lights w/ manual off switch
LINK to offsite ford-trucks.com Disassemble, clean & lube "non-serviceable" Ford manual hub AND dial
- 11/11 Add Ping Tanks Aux. reservoirs for air bags
- 12/11 Convert old Torklift arms to side bed steps
- 02/12 Adding Multi mount winch in progress ...
- 11/12 Add 1.5watt solar hardwired, hopefully maintain batteries.
- 12/12 Replace rancho 9000 shocks/warranty
- 12/12 Replace leaking air bag inflation switch
- 06/13 Fix failing clearance lights- 3 years on recon lights due to moisture
- 03/14 Replace air suspension bags and brackets from a newer used kit
- 04/14 Modify the spare tire key assembly
- 04/14 Strictly a Ford thing, silly headlight/lens retainers, changing bulbs
- 03/16 Add onboard 110v battery maintainer, with indash switch and 110v port to truck
- 04/16 Replace '01 headlights/signals with '05 1 piece units Yellowed, leaking, with clear 05-07 style.
- 04/16 Swap mirrors Simply wanted the LED running/ and signals of later year mirrors
- 05/16 Power Running boards WOW- Mentioned to Margaret-she says really? ORDER THEM!
- 05/16 Tailgate damper Simple shock on tailgate to take weight of lowering
- 05/16 Replace rusted center caps & lug nuts Purely cosmetic-led to polishing wheels
- 07/16 Amp Research Rear Bedstep Included as promotional offer with running boards (FREE) Rework camper mount to install
- 07/16 Replace stock 2001 F250 110 amp alternator with stock 140amp alt from a 2005 6.0 Ford SD
- 10/16 LED tail lights replace factory assemblies with after market LED housing
- 02/17 In dash android radio AM/FM/CD/DVD/Bluetooth/GPS and backup cameras on truck AND camper
- 03/19 Replace grill with 05/07 grill
- 05/19 Add radio IGN bypass switch to use without key/or power when starting (SEE NOTE)
- 05/19 Add camera manual switching IGN bypass allowing radio use also allowed powering cameras (SEE NOTE)
NOTE: 2 above pages,5/19, use a script file to drive photo selector, pages can be opened without allowing script-just disables picture selector. Added a looped gif to see pics if script disallowed.
- 09/19 Suzuki fuse box location and radio removal
- 09/19 Mics. F250 wiring ref. ID added wiring/switch over the years
- 09/19 install inverter in truckgeneral use and run camper Fridge on AC